Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Philips Avent and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are 100% my own.
I love watching Matt with our girls, he’s always been so helpful and supportive. Bonding for a mom and their baby is so important, while we often forget about the dads.
Fathers play a big role in their children’s lives, and parenting doesn’t come easily to most so bonding and developing that infant/parent relationship is crucial even when their just born.
Here are 5 ways for dads to bond with their babies:
- Take On Diaper Duty – sure diapers can be gross at first, but eventually you’ll be a pro! Make sure to talk to your baby and make a lot of eye contact. Not a big talker? Narrate what you’re doing, it’s as simple as that!
- Be A Part Of The Bedtime Routine – Being consistent with a bedtime routine can set your baby up for longer sleeping stretches, which is every parents goal… right? Choose a part of the routine you want to do! Whether it’s the bathing, dressing, story time, or laying them down for a good night.
- Wear Your Baby – I love how popular using wraps, slings or carriers have become over the last few years! It’s the perfect way to sooth your baby and hold them close to your body, while freeing up your hands.
- Baby Massage – Babies are very receptive to touch, so grab a little coconut or olive oil (especially for their very dry skin during the winter) and work it gently into their skin. Take 10 to 15 minutes to massage their feet, legs, tummy, arms, and hands (I like to sing my favourite song on repeat, Adeline finds it very relaxing). Just like diaper changes remember to sing/talk and make lots of eye contact!
- Soothe Her Tears – Try picking up your baby and giving them a pacifer, singing, gently rocking them, walking around, holding them close. We always go through the checklist of potential issues – diaper, too hot/cold, gassy, tired, hungry. Once those are all checked all you can do is cuddle and love them, and then go through the list again!
- Bottle Feed – Feeding your baby is one of the best ways to receive baby snuggles, is there anything better than baby snuggles? On days that Adeline takes a Philips Avent Anti-Colic Bottle we track her milk consumption with the uGrow App. That way we can record when she fed and how much she ate.
Adeline takes so well to these bottles! She’s an eager drinker, which results in a lot of gulping and air in her tummy. The Philips Avent Anti-Colic Bottles have an advanced venting system that are clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort. Plus their BPA free, easy to clean, and leak free!
The best part? I’ve partnered with Philips Avent to giveaway a Natural Essentials Gift Set! Enter below!