photos by Justine Milton.
I didn’t show photos from too far back because they might kill me. And truth be told, it’s pretty embarrassing for myself too.
There are 5 of us in our bff group – we’ve been bonded through awkward middle school haircuts and highschool all-nighters and bar hopping in the middle of winter and university exam chaos and newborn baby snuggles.
Even though we have all taken very different patches after graduation we’re each others biggest cheerleaders and therapists.
10 Reasons Childhood Friends Are The Best Friends:
- They let us rant about our day, everyday. They’ve seen you at my best and your worst. Just let it all hang out.
2. You’ve bonded over your twisted sense of humour and weirdness.
3. They call you out (in a loving way) when you’re being irrational.
4. You screen each other’s dates beforehand, like full on social media stalker him.
5. They remember all your embarrassing moments over the last 15 years.
6. Their parents are your parents, their house is your house.
7. Everyone already has dibs on future baby names, and you’d be mad to cross each other.
8. They’ve seen too much of you (by accident, of course), more than they ever wanted to see. **It grows exponentially once you have babies and start nursing and do not care who sees your body, especially your bffs.**
9. You get insanely jealous when they make new friends even though you know you could never be replaced.
10. You have no shame around them.
Hang on to your childhood friends!
They are an extra vault of memories, and those adolescent memories are priceless. Even though you may be in different or similar stages of life your bond over those memories make you inseparable.