I don’t bake often but when I do I make a night of it. I enjoy making new recipes and old favourites – and tonight I decided to dig out one of my favourite muffin recipes. Strawberries are a delicious summer fruit, and the secret to these muffins is I used frozen strawberries!
Costco sells big bags of sliced strawberries in the frozen fruit section and they work excellent in baking (don’t get me started on my strawberry peach cobbler, YUM!).
What are your favourite summer treats to make? Fruity? Chocolate-y? Super duper sweet? Let me know in a comment, so I can try them out!
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk togethef.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sour cream, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Lightly combine the wet and dry ingredients until batter comes together, do not overmix.
- Gently stir the strawberries in.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Mix the topping together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the topping on the tops of the muffins before they are put into the oven.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- For a double batch, double all the ingredients.