I found these cookie cutters (the whole alphabet) at HomeSense and now I’m obsessed with creating sugar cookie phrases!
This is my favourite sugar cookies recipe, it’s quick and easy to make from scratch.
It’s so easy, even I can make it! And I’m not a baker.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let cool on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.